Selected recordings of zoom calls hosted by the RI community every Saturday
We had a chat with Ashish, Naren and Swanand around the following topics:
* What is craftsmanship?
* How to develop a craftsman mindset?
* How to use craftsmanship to leverage most out of remote work or freelancing?
This chat on Financial Independence was structured around the following points:
a. Why FIRE
b. Principles of FIRE
c. Lifestyle design
d. How to build leverage
Some of the things that we discussed with @Tarun Pothulapati and @Vipul Gupta were:
* The role of open source in getting a remote job
* How did they differ from their peers
* Challenges of a junior dev working remotely
* What was the screening and onboarding process like
* What do you look for in a remote company
Here are some of the things we discussed in this Q&A session with Indian Digital Nomads:
* How much income is good to sustain the digital nomad lifestyle - A lot of people get into this without figuring out the financial math.
* How do you manage visas (with an Indian passport), healthcare, and money ( esp. taxes ) as nomads - For one, OTPs is a hassle when you’re traveling.
* How folks have made the transition from a desk job to a career which allows them to be on the road
* What’s the best place they have worked from in India or the World.
* How has digital nomadism changed their world view?
We had Saurabh go over his framework for a successful remote job hunt 💯.
* Applying daily - Make it a habit
* Work out your law of averages by tracking each application
* Where to look for jobs
* Trimming down your resume
* Why cover letters are so important
* Tips for Take-home tests and Interviews