We're on a mission to guide society towards happier work. We believe the interview process should be enlightening, fun and transparent - not a transaction. We're building a first-of-its-kind hiring collaboration platform that puts you - the candidate - in the driver's seat.
We're a team of experienced operators who love to infuse personality into our work. We believe in seeking truth over comfort, results over drama, team wins over individual wins, and operating with extreme transparency and heart. We believe life's too short for boring work.
We're founded by the team behind Resource.io, and as our second startup, everything we do at Guide is designed to be different (and fun).
We're tackling a new software category and we’re looking for talented engineers to join our team at a pivotal stage of growth. As one of our earliest engineers, you'll work directly with our CTO to shape and execute critical product and software initiatives that directly influence Guide's trajectory. This includes:
- Building and shipping daily: You’ll take designs or user problems and ship end-to-end solutions; from designing schemas and implementing endpoints to creating React components and playful animations.
- Helping shape a world-class engineering & product culture: You’ll help define our hiring strategy, development processes and team norms. You’ll help us scale our engineering organization during a growth phase over the coming months.
- Collaborating across teams and domains: We believe great ideas can come from anywhere, and that alignment leads to better outcomes. We expect you to contribute to discussions on our product roadmap and strategy, talk to users to understand their problems, and build internal tools to help our other business functions.
We value ownership, responsibility, respect, and flexibility. We believe in output over hours, and take advantage of the best parts of a distributed environment. You’ll be compensated well and given meaningful equity. And your voice will be heard and listened to, so we hope you’ll challenge us as much as we challenge you.
The Fit (you!)
- You’re an entrepreneur at heart. You’re driven by impact, not just accolades. You’re comfortable with roadmap changes in the face of new data. We’re swinging for the fences with Guide, and that sort of calculated bet energizes you.
- You see what we see. You’ve been on either side of the recruiting process and felt like there must be a better way. You’re someone who cares deeply about helping candidates have the best experience possible, and you see software as a powerful tool to achieve that. You may have even tried tinkering with solutions to improve the candidate experience for yourself or your team.
- You're an owner. You can manage your own schedule and get to a solution quickly. You know when to call a meeting and when an email or Slack message would do the job. You’re comfortable taking responsibility for outcomes and communicating results.
- You take pride in your work. You push back when a solution doesn’t solve the user’s problem, and use good judgement when filling in the gaps. You enjoy building systems that create leverage and set us up for long-term success. You’re always learning and seeking feedback to improve your craft.
- You’ve built enough web apps to have strong opinions, and look forward to working on a modern stack with proven technologies. You’re just as capable writing SQL functions as frontend components. You’re comfortable working within our stack even if you don’t have deep experience with each component. (Postgres, Django, Prisma/GraphQL, NextJS/React/Typescript)