This is a highly multi-functional and visible role, you will be directly involved in decisions that affect every future Thrasio business. The position requires a very technical and hands-on leader, experience in working closely with Technical, Product and Analytical teams and a deep understanding of Business needs. You are a highly self-motivated individual who creates a dynamic and creative team environment in which problems are solved in new and innovative ways.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- A successful person in this role will own major components of the Supply chain / Finance data landscape, drive alignment with other teams including the business stakeholders, guide architecture and design within the team and influence it outside.
- Build a strong engineering brand and be able to attract and retain top notch talent and grow a team of software and data engineers.
- Drive vision & strategy for building the Engineering Team and platform for the Supply Chain and Finance Data.
- Provide technical leadership, influence and partner with your team to architect, design and build systems and platforms that can stand the test of scale and availability, while reducing operational overhead.
- Partner with Business end users to build solutions that create business value.
- Partner with Product, Analytics and engineering teams to build a platform that amplifies developer impact and provides a foundation of reusable software components and infrastructure.
- Participate in code review and facilitate design discussions.
What You Bring to the Party:
- 10+ years of work experience including several years of leadership and people management.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Demonstrated expertise in: Information Architecture, Data Engineering, and data warehousing.
- Experience with at least one programming language (e.g. Python) and Proficient in SQL and Data Analysis.
- Demonstrated data management experience with at least one and preferably 2 major SQL database platforms: MySQL, Postgres, Redshift, Snowflake, Oracle, SQL Server.
- Deep experience with at least one cloud platform; Azure, Amazon, or Google. Thrasio uses Amazon, experience there is a plus.
- Extensive experience in Data Engineering, ETLS, data warehousing, analytics and business intelligence with a focus on modernized cloud-based platforms, platform as a service databases and analytics tools.
- Proven ability to collaborate, build relationships and influence individuals at all levels in a matrix-management environment (as well as external vendors and service providers) to ensure that segregation and overlapping roles are identified and coordinated.
- Ability to present complicated analytical methodology and results to a non-technical audience.
- Direct experience managing cross functional teams in a matrixed organization.
- Experience managing new product and/or program introductions and must have ability to remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Related experience in an e-commerce organization with a recurring revenue model is a strong plus.