Have you felt that in SaaS products, design has extremely high leverage - as the product experience is what you sell. This is unlike eCommerce where the value is actually the physical good being delivered.
Most of our inspirations are companies who are design-first orgs (Linear, Airbnb, Square, etc). At Peoplebox - both of us founders aren't designers and not from design background. Hence, we are looking for a Lead Designer who could be part of the founding team with founders who really value design.
We are looking for a Lead Product Designer who can join us while we are growing and shape the product narrative with great experiences. I believe Product Design has a direct correlation towards revenue in our product.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Your typical day would be mostly spent on Figma, Talking to Customers, Wireframing and writing on Notion.
- This is an IC (Individual Contributor) role - we are looking for someone who can be hands-on setting the design system so that future design members align well.
- You'd spend a significant time on product brainstorming as well, so that you can be involved from the scratch.
- We'd like if you are a fast learner so that you are able to understand our domain (OKR - psst: it is not that complicated) quite fast so that you can sink into the product experiences well.
- It is extremely easy to build a crappy Enterprise Product, but it requires great amount of energy to simplify the experience and taking decisions behalf of users. We'd like if you are a master of simplifying a complexity.
- We'd like you to challenge rationally - we'd like you to present solutions that are slightly uncomfortable for the team (work, decisions), but good for the users.
- My best experience with designers has been in a way where when they present their work, it feels like a Christmas Gift - it truly wows. We'd really like if you have a good visual eye - the right fonts, alignment, information hierarchy, using the right interactions, using the real-estate well, confident use of whitespace.
- Making design decisions comes with cost and balance - we'd like you to be bold. Take a stab at building a completely new visual to the product that appeals. Ruffling feathers is okay.
Experience and Qualifications
- 4-9 years experience crafting consumer digital products across desktop & mobile.
- Understand how tech, product and businesses work together to shipping releases.
- Should have a strong command over the craft and a deeper understanding of the design principles.
- Advanced knowledge of Figma, Sketch, or other prototyping tools and should have experience working with development teams for handovers.
- Should be excited about working in a fast-paced environment with high ownership in an early-stage setup.