**Job Title: **Head of Engineering/VP Engineering
F*lick is a community food delivery platform for healthy, delicious lunches from Michelin-star chef designed menus at the affordable cost of takeout. We are a stealth-mode food-tech startup that’s reimagining weekday lunch. We bring together machine learning, food production, last-mile logistics in a unique way to bring a fresh, chef-prepared meal to your desk for less than the cost of a burger meal.
Backed by a strategic partnership and investment from one of the largest food-tech companies in the world, we are launching in the Washington, DC Metro area this fall and in 20+ cities next year.
As the Head of Engineering you will be responsible for the planning, development and execution of all technology that empowers F*lick. This will include: building and leading a world-class tech organization from the ground up, defining and shaping the product vision and engineering culture, working closely with the leadership team to define OKR goals and shaping company strategy.
As an early team member, you will get an unique opportunity to be in the driving seat of a high-growth startup and define its success story.
- Build, lead and scale a world-class, remote-only engineering team
- Create detailed product business requirements documents, user stories and functional specifications and synthesize key results that define the success of our products
- Incorporate market analysis, customer research and usability findings into requirements
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to understand goals and pain points, gather requirements and understand internal workflows in order to design the ideal experience
- Develop go-to-market strategies to drive awareness, education and selling partner adoption
- Establish metrics and key indicators that provide product insights based on performance, historical data and post-mortem analysis
- Identify new strategic product opportunities that will help us stay fresh and deliver on those opportunities
- Embody a “can do” and growth mindset, from experimentation and tinkering to constantly pushing your data/information analysis ability to better identify key drivers and understanding of what's going on
Requirements / Superpowers:
- 5-7 years of experience of minimum experience building scalable distributed systems with minimum 2 years in a senior leadership role, preferably some of it in last-mile logistics, or E-commerce
- Our backend is in RoR. We value that you can pick up any new stack/technology with ease.
- You have built delightful mobile applications at scale
- Experience with Firebase, Flutter is an added bonus
- Experience architecting high available, high scalable distributed systems
- Experience with event driven systems is an added advantage
- Proven ability to influence others among a diverse group of leaders, fostering collaboration, and building a culture of excellence
- Experience managing multiple projects at once and prioritizing simultaneously
- You bring data to debates
- Experience working in a high-growth environment, preferably at a tech startup
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and highly entrepreneurial
- Experience with last-mile food, grocery delivery will make you stand out among applicants
- You have a bias towards action, a desire to execute, learn and iterate
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package (including equity component)
- Medical and dental insurance
- Flexible budget to build your remote work environment. Unlimited passes to your favorite co-working space
- A steep learning curve from day zero
- This is a ground floor opportunity. You will be shaping the growth of a business from the beginning. This also means the opportunities for you are limitless
- You will get to build something you are proud of, alongside a set of colleagues who are passionate, committed and are driven by a shared vision
- A transparent company culture with flat hierarchies, an environment to openly, frequently and respectfully challenge each other
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
We embrace and celebrate diversity. We believe diversity makes us stronger and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.