About This Role
We are building the #1 tech-enabled recruitment and career discovery platform in Southeast Asia that helps people and organizations realise their human potential by joining great organisations, learning the right skills and building great teams.
We’re looking for a ** Software Engineer** to join our Career progression team, which helps young professionals in Southeast Asia develop career skills, learn from a community, and secure jobs.
What You’ll Be Doing
You will be part of a close knit team responsible to provide solutions for the career progression of our users. You’ll work with our product manager, designer, and fellow engineers in the team starting from goal setting every quarter -> brainstorming ideas -> reviewing product designs -> coming up with technical specifications -> developing the required solutions.
In this role, you will:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve full-stack software primarily in Typescript and Dart, including back-end services, data models, and Flutter UI components
- Collaborate closely and actively with product designers, product managers, UX researchers and other engineers to shape our product and deliver value to users
- Determine design feasibility by understanding user behaviour and software requirements based on cost and effort and suggest improvements accordingly
- Lead designs of major software components, systems, and features
Why You Should Join Us
- Engineers at Glints are Missionaries and not mercenaries. Engineers don’t blindly follow implementation instructions, instead they are an active part of product decisions for the team and they care about the impact to the end users
- Glints’ mission is to realise human potential. This mission does not just stop at our products and applies internally, you can expect a supportive network of peers to learn from, biweekly career development 1-1s with your manager and opportunities to back your career ambitions at Glints
- Career growth: The engineering team is on track to double in size in 2 years, thus opening up many pathways for progression. We offer both technical I/C and managerial paths, with both equally compensated at the same level of impact
**Who We Are Looking For **
- You have a solid understanding of good software engineering practices (version control, code reviews, testing, refactoring)
- You have experience building backend services and client side applications in any language or framework
- You care about the user impact and see technology as a tool to achieve that goal
- You own the team goals with your fellow teammates and take initiatives to help improve the team to reach those goals
- You have a beginner’s mindset, are curious to learning new skills and you treat the Janitor and the CEO in the same way
Let’s Realise Human Potential.
Our tech-enabled approach to recruitment and career discovery connects more than 1.5 million candidates to their next dream opportunities, has supported more than 30,000 companies in finding top talents, doubled recruiter efficiency, and has raised more than US$30M+ from best venture investors in Asia to-date.
We have impacted many lives but there’s still plenty to be done.** **If you’re ready to grow and make an impact, you’ve come to the right place.
Where we work
Since Glints was founded in Singapore in 2013, we've rapidly grown our footprint across Greater Southeast Asia to operate in Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Learn more about Glints and our culture at bit.ly/glintsculture.