At Chatwoot, we deeply care about building simple and performant APIs.
- Improve and extend Chatwoot's backend APIs based on growing community & customer requirements.
- Work on improving backend architecture, provide suggestions on improving the existing implementations.
- Work closely with our designers and front-end engineers, collaborate to build intuitive user experiences.
- Work with the community & customers to collect feedback and provide suggestions for product improvements.
- Help in building the processes, document them in the public handbook.
- Onboard and support new team members and our public contributors.
What are we looking for
- Significant professional experience in building performant APIs using Ruby on Rails.
- Experience in writing maintainable tests suits with RSpec.
- Experience in diagnosing and preventing performance-related problems.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with effective communication skills.
- Experiencing in managing a project from its conceptual stage all the way to production.
Good to have
- Previously worked with a remote team is a plus.
- Having experience with frontend development / DevOps is a plus.
We strive to reply to every application we receive. Our process is very simple and completely transparent.
- Share your Github profile, previous projects and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interview (cultural) with the team, if your profile is a match.
- Code assignment (async, 4-5 hour task)
- Review call with the team (Discuss the choices made, evaluate further improvements)
- Remote work culture, flexible working hours.
- Competitive salary and company stock options.
- Flexible time-off. We require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year.
- We will provide you with the equipment/tools required for remote work.
- Annual retreat (We plan to do one as soon as the current COVID situation is improved)