Slice is India's best credit card challenger to pay bills, manage expenses, and unlock rewards 🎉. Our members love us and swear by us. We're reinventing how traditional credit cards work by offering a simple and transparent app to help our members transact easily. We have about 3 million registered members with an average age of 23, making us a market leader in a niche and growing segment. 🏆
Oh, btw, we offer upto 2% cashback on every transaction, and our members have the option to convert monthly bills payable into 3 installments, with no extra charges. Yup, you can count on us 😉
We are backed by leading PE/VCs such as Gunosy Capital, Das Capital, Finup, Blume Ventures India, Simile Venture Partner, EMVC, Tracxn Labs, Better Capital, Sachin Bansal's Navi and angel investors such as Kunal Shah. 🖖
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Backend Developer to join our technology team. As a Backend developer, you’ll work closely with our Design, Product, Data Science and Analytics team to develop microservices which focus on the financial needs of millennials in India. If you have excellent programming skills and a passion for developing applications or improving existing ones, we would like to meet you.
What You will do
- Design and develop payment platforms that can work in a large-scale multi-tenant environment.
- Explore design implications and work towards appropriate balance between functionality, performance, and maintainability.
- Working with a cross-discipline team of Design, Product, Data Science and Analytics team.
- Deploy and maintain the application in a secured AWS environment.
- Take ownership from ideation phase to deployment and maintenance.
What you will need_ _
- At least 2 years of development experience in Java backend web development frameworks
- Total development experience of 3+ years, more the better
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience in test-driven development. (writing unit test and API test)
- Understanding of basic cloud computing concepts and experience in using any of the major cloud service providers (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Ability to build and deploy the application in a containerized environment
- Understanding of application logging and monitoring systems like Prometheus or Kibana
- Curiosity to explore the cutting edge technologies and bake them in the products
- Zeal and drive to take end to end ownership
Life at slice
Life so good, you’d think we’re kidding:
- Competitive salaries. Period.
- Flexible working hours. Just don’t call us at 3AM, we like our sleep schedule.
- Tailored vacation & leave policies so that you enjoy every important moment in your life.
- A reward system that celebrates hard work and milestones throughout the year. Expect a gift coming your way anytime you kill it here.
- Learning and upskilling opportunities. Seriously, not kidding.
- Good food, games, and a cool office to make you feel like home. An environment so good, you’ll forget the term “colleagues can’t be your friends”.