Posted a year ago
Mactores is a trusted leader among businesses in providing modern data platform solutions. Since 2008, Mactores have been enabling businesses to accelerate their value through automation by providing End-to-End Data Solutions that are automated, agile, and secure. We collaborate with customers to strategize, navigate, and accelerate an ideal path forward with a digital transformation via assessments, migration, or modernization.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer with expertise in infrastructure as a code, configuration management, continuous integration, continuous deployment, automated monitoring for big data workloads, large enterprise applications, customer applications, and databases.
You will have hands-on technology expertise coupled with a background in professional services and client-facing skills. You are passionate about the best practices of cloud deployment and ensuring the customer expectation is set and met appropriately. If you love to solve problems using your skills, then join the Team Mactores. We have a casual and fun office environment that actively steers clear of rigid "corporate" culture, focuses on productivity and creativity, and allows you to be part of a world-class team while still being yourself.
- Automate infrastructure creation with Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation
- Perform application configuration management, and application-deployment tool enabling infrastructure as code.
- Take ownership of the Build and release cycle of the customer project.
- Share the responsibility for deploying releases and conducting other operations maintenance.
- Enhance operations infrastructures such as Jenkins clusters, Bitbucket, monitoring tools (Consul), and metrics tools such as Graphite and Grafana.
- Provide operational support for the rest of the Engineering team help migrate our remaining dedicated hardware infrastructure to the cloud.
- Establish and maintain operational best practices.
- Participate in hiring culturally fit engineers in the organization, help engineers make their career paths by consulting with them.
- Design the team strategy in collaboration with founders of the organization.
- 4+ years of experience in using Terraform for IaaC
- 4+ years of configuration management and engineering for large-scale customers, ideally supporting an Agile development process.
- 4+ years of Linux or Windows Administration experience.
- 4+ years of version control systems (git), including branching and merging strategies.
- 2+ Experience in working with AWS Infrastructure, and platform services.
- 2+ Experience in cloud automation tools (Ansible, Chef).
- Exposure to working on container services like Kubernetes on AWS, ECS, and EKS
- You are extremely proactive at identifying ways to improve things and to make them more reliable.
- Expertise in multiple cloud services provider: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- AWS Solutions Architect Professional or Associate Level Certificate
- AWS DevOps Professional Certificate
Our success comes from our pragmatic approach to problem-solving, resolving cross-functional dependencies, and delivering high-value business outcomes.
Mactores Hiring Process
Mactores hiring process entails three rounds, which are as follows:
Pre-employment Test: You will receive a system-generated email to take the pre-employment tests as necessary. Hiring Manager Interview Round: In this round, the Mactores hiring manager may conduct multiple interviews. The number of interviews depends on each position. The interview will be between 30 mins to 1 hour to discuss your technical abilities, hands-on experience, leadership skills, and communication skills. HR Round: 30 mins round to discuss the offer and next steps
Mactores provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training, and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.
Note: Please answer as many questions as possible with this application to accelerate the hiring process.